When you visit the pages of The Law Offices of Jeffrey Lohman, P.C. or any of its blogs through our websites, services, or other online activities (our “Services”), we collect and handle information as we describe below. Your use of our Services constitutes your consent to these practices.
Information That We Collect or Receive
We collect and receive information from and about you by different means.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information that you directly provide to us, such as when you enter it on a web page, or include it in an email that you send to us. This type of collection often occurs through our business support processes, such as:
- Registration or Account Creation Processes, where we ask you to provide information such as: Contact info (e.g. name, email or mailing address, or phone number).
Automatic Information Collection
We may also automatically or passively collect information about your use of our Services. While information collected in this manner is not typically personal information, we may combine it in ways that make it personally identifiable. When we do so, we will treat the combined information as personal information. For example, data collected in this manner may include:
- Web browsing, network or service usage data, such as browser type, internet service provider (ISP), IP address, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data
- Physical or geographic location data, such as country, region, city, or latitude and longitude. For example, to provide location based game matching services, we may collect latitude and longitude.
Technologies used in our Services to passively collect such information may include:
- Cookies. Small data files placed on a devices hard drive. This may include data gathered by Google Services such as Google Advertising and Google Analytics, such as Your most recent searches, Your previous interactions with and advertiser’s ads or search results, and your visits to our website. For more detail, including how to opt out of personalized advertisements, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may also supplement the information that we collect with information that we obtain from third parties. We may also supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties. We may combine the information we receive from these third parties with the information we directly collect, in which case we will handle it in accordance with this policy.
We use non-personally identifying information without restriction. We use personally identifying information in a number of ways.
First, we use personally identifying information for the purpose for which it was collected. For example, such information that you provide through any of our business support processes (including customer service) will be used to complete that process, and personal information entered by you through the features of our products and services will be used for the operation and delivery of those features.
Second, while we strive to minimize our use of personal identifying information, or otherwise anonymize or aggregate it before use, we may use personal information to:
- Send you marketing communications;
- Conduct demographic or aggregate studies for marketing, sales, planning, and business and product development;
- Deliver contextual or targeted advertising;
- Understand and improve our Service operations and performance
- Assist in customer service and transactions
Information Sharing and Disclosures
Information We Share
We do not and will not accept money in exchange for sharing personal information.
We may share your information, including your personal information, with other parties as follows:
- Law Enforcement, Judicial, Administrative, or Regulatory Disclosures. When we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure or that disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce the rights, property, safety, or security of ourselves or others.
- Third Parties. With third parties (with whom we use reasonable efforts to obtain their agreement to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of any personal information we share with them), such as: Third party providers of legal services that may be useful to You based on your inquiry in our website or blogs.
We are committed to respecting children’s privacy. We will not collect personal information from anyone we have actual knowledge is under the age of 18, unless with parental or guardian’s consent.
Your Choices and Rights
You have certain choices about how your information is collected and used. You can access, amend or delete some information through your Account Settings page. You can choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us and our affiliates, or our marketing partners, through the following mechanisms:
- E-Mail Messages: Marketing e-mails contain instructions and a link that will allow you to unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails.
- Blogs, Forums, or Message Boards: to request removal of certain of your personal information from a blog, forum, or message board, please contact us as described below.
- Request to Know: You have the right to request that we inform you of the personal information we have collected, used and shared about you.
- Request to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected or retained about you.
- You have the right not to be unlawfully discriminated against because you have exercised these rights.
To make a Request to Know or Delete, please call us at Toll Free at (855) 717-8790 – or email us at email@example.com.
Security and Retention
We seek to maintain reasonable security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized or accidental disclosure, access, misuse, loss, or alteration. Although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. There is no such thing as perfect security. We may retain information about you as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy. In addition, we may retain your information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Where required by applicable law, we shall delete your information when the information is no longer necessary or requested to do so. Even if we delete your information from active databases, the information may remain on backup or archival media as well as other information systems.
Changes to this Policy
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits customers of The Law Offices of Jeffrey Lohman, P.C. who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure within the immediately preceding calendar year of that California resident’s personal information to third parties and in some cases affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us through the information provided below. Any written inquiry must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Namely, You have the right to request us to disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we may have collected about You, and more specific information about our business purpose for collecting your information, and the categories of 3rd parties with which the information is shared. You have the right to request we disclose the identity of 3rd parties to which the information was disclosed to. You also have the right to opt out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties and we cannot discriminate against You because you exercised such right.
You also have the right to request deletion of personal information and we will do so upon receipt of a verified request made by calling us at Toll Free at (855) 717-8790 – or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.